There's Magic Out There: Summer Watermelon

June 15, 2013

Summer Watermelon

One of the things on my 75 Days of Summer Fun ideas is to Eat watermelon! Yep, watermelon. To me when I think of watermelon I think of summer. So out we went to get us a big and juicy watermelon! After a day in the fridge when it was nice and cold it was now time to eat. 
We took it outside and I chopped it up! We ate a bunch but of course we couldn't eat it all so the rest I chopped up into itty bitty squares and stored away for later. Watermelon is yummy for Summer! Make sure its super cold because the colder the better and it will be sure to cool you off on a hot summer day. Plus its juicy and sweet so Im sure your kids will love it. 
Check out my Summer luvin pinterest board for fun summer ideas and yummy treats! And yes I named it summer luvin after the song in Grease and I will admit to singing it almost every time. 


I'm thinking of ways to incorporate watermelon into a recipe. Do you guys have any ideas? What foods make you think of summer? 

Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Oh that does look yummy! Did she actually manage to eat all that? It's the size her head! :) Visiting from the summer carnival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that face! come share this on our #kidsinthekitchen linky this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Theres Magic Out There. I would love to hear your thoughts. I will get back to you as soon as possible. It makes my day to see your comments and know someones reading my words. Thanks for visiting!